Pierce Manufacturing Inc. recently announced that Commercial Truck Equipment Co. is the new Pierce dealer for the Canadian provinces of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba, as well as Nunavut, the Yukon, and the Northwest Territories. With a network of full-service locations across the provinces, Commercial Truck Equipment is Western Canada’s largest supplier of truck equipment. Its branch location in Surrey, BC has been a Pierce authorized services provider since 2011.
Pierce Manufacturing Inc., an Oshkosh Corporation company recently announced that Commercial Truck Equipment Corporation is the new Pierce dealer for the Canadian provinces of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba, as well as Nunavut, the Yukon, and the Northwest Territories. To ensure seamless service to current Pierce customers, a succession plan, coordinated with former Pierce dealer Wholesale Fire & Rescue LTD., allows for a six-month transition period running through December 2017.
“We are ecstatic to announce Commercial Truck Equipment as the newest member of Pierce’s dealer network, and we wholeheartedly welcome them into this select group of full-service organizations,” said Jim Johnson, Oshkosh Corporation Executive Vice President and President of the Fire & Emergency segment and Pierce Manufacturing. “We’re extremely confident in its capabilities and commitment to serving Pierce customers.”
Commercial Truck Equipment’s branch location in Surrey, BC has been an authorized Pierce services provider since 2011. “Through our succession planning process we identified an ideal partner to move our business forward in the region.” explained Matt McLeish, Pierce Manufacturing’s Senior Vice President of sales and marketing. “Commercial Truck Equipment features a long tradition of ‘best in class’ product knowledge, customer support, and technical expertise. Pierce customers across Western Canada will benefit from this move.”
With a network of full-service locations, Commercial Truck Equipment is Western Canada’s largest supplier of truck equipment, and is well suited for an increased role in the fire and emergency industry. Renowned throughout Canada for its professional engineers, designers, and certified heavy-duty mechanics, welders, and fabricators, Commercial Truck Equipment’s staff is expert in a wide range of truck applications and integration solutions.
“We are excited and proud to represent Pierce Manufacturing across Western Canada – it’s the most highly regarded name in the industry for good reason. Their product quality and professionalism are second to none,” said Morgan MacKay, General Manager of Commercial Emergency Equipment Co. “We have an expert team in place that understands the unique requirements of the emergency truck industry and are ready to provide expert solutions, parts and service.
About Pierce Manufacturing, Inc.
Pierce strives to set the standard when it comes to customization and service. It all starts in its state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Appleton, Wisconsin and Bradenton, Florida. Over one million square feet of manufacturing space is dedicated to creating Pierce’s fire apparatuses. Both facilities are ISO-9001 certified, showing the company’s dedication to meet world-class standards for quality. From research and development, to service and support, its trucks are designed to perform under the toughest conditions.
Proven Technologies and Innovation
Performance driven design ensures continuous evolving to bring customers industry leading advancements and unmatched innovation. As a subsidiary of Oshkosh Corporation, its experienced team has access to an arsenal of cutting edge technologies and revolutionary processes. Customers can choose from one of Pierce’s seven custom chassis and advanced innovations.
• Ascendant Class of Aerials: The Ascendant technology has expanded into 5 innovative products: single or tandem rear axle 110’ platforms, single or tandem rear axle 107’ ladders, and 107’ tractor-drawn aerial. The Ascendant Class of Aerials was specifically engineered to equip firefighters with more aerial choices than ever before. Whether it be weight restrictions, compartment space, preference to ride rather than climb, the lower cost of ownership, or rescue capabilities, the Ascendant technology provides flexibility and a wide range of options to meet each departments’ needs.
• Command Zone: Cutting edge electronic system that makes it easier for firefighters to maintain their vehicles, prepare for calls and monitor performance on the scene. It also delivers the industry’s first prognostic capabilities.
• E-Coat Corrosion Protection: Delivers a superior corrosion and chemical resistance, while maintaining a high-quality, resilient surface for paint of any colour or finish.
• HERCULES CAFS: For a quicker and safer knockdown, with less exposure to heat, the compressed air foam system has a low surface tension that allows it to spread quickly, cover widely, and cling more aggressively to the surface.
• Husky Foam Systems: From municipalities to industrial refineries, volunteers to careers, Class A to Class B fires, Pierce Husky foam systems are the extremely high performing, easiest, most economical and safer way to fight fires.
• PUC: The PUC minimizes the vehicular space used for fire suppression and maximizes the space for tools and equipment.
• TAK-4 Independent Suspension: Independent Front Suspension (IFS), stops faster, corners better, improves handling, offers better ride quality and is far more maneuverable than straight-axle trucks. Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) operates like IFS, but provides power to the wheels. With the ability to add TAK-4 T3, the 100% mechanical steering system further improves control and mobility.
• Snozzle: A high-reach extendable turret offers advanced elevated waterway response allowing you to attack fires from multiple angles.
Visit www.comtruck.ca for more information.